Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What type of fuel does a 2002 VW Golf use?

I'm currently looking into purchasing a 2002 VW Golf and I've heard some conflicting reports as to what type of fuel it uses. It's got a 1.8L engine and I can't seem to find anything on the internet that says anything about it, could a car expert help me out here?|||Where are you located? I'm going to assume the US, thought it shouldn't matter as I believe the only 1.8L VW used anywhere in '02 was the 20 valve 1.8L Turbo that we're familiar with here in the US. Should that be the case, it calls for premium (91+ octane) unleaded gasoline only.|||The 1.8T is a turbocharged engine. It MUST use premium fuel because of the higher effective cylinder pressure generated by the turbo. It is also a hot running so called sludge engine if you dont use synthetic oil.|||IF you buy it, read the supplied owners manual and it'll tell you the required fuel octane level.|||You would use regular gasoline.|||That will use petrol if you are in the UK or gasoline in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment