Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What can I expect to pay for a paint job for my 69 VW Beetle?

I am restoring a 1969 VW Beetle Convertible and am looking to have it painted. I want the fenders removed and the entire car painted before I add the new top and new interior. Anyone know what I can expect to pay for the paint job alone?|||Since it's a metal car theres probably alot of rust then alot of prep i would say 2-5k for a good job . But if you just want a cheap maaco paint job about $300-800.|||the most expensive and time consuming part of any paint job is the prep work if you do most yourself you will save lots of money but a good quality job done by a professional will still cost around 2 grand if you do most of the prep|||Check out these forums (air-cooled VW sites), they both have paint and body sections where you should be able to find out some more info:


http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/


http://www.shoptalkforums.com/index.php





I think the prices above sound about right, it's not going to be cheap if you want it done it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment