Friday, September 23, 2011

How much would it cost to fix the speedometer on a '99 VW bug?

I am looking at purchasing a used '99 VW bug, and it runs great and is great condition... but the speedometer doesn't work.





How much would I be looking at if I were going to have it repaired? What is the least - most I would be looking at?|||I don't think that the speedo on a 99 model car will still be a cable operated one. It will be an electronic one which means that there is an electronic pickup sensor in the gearbox that sends a signal to the speedo. It can either be the sensor or the speedo itself or a bad connection somewhere.


Most repairers will simply replace the parts till it works and that can be expensive. A lot of times it is quite repairable by somebody with electronic knowledge so do not let them take you for a ride.|||if its only the cable,, you pay the price of the cable and a couple of hours to change it,, or get a handy friend!! they are easy to do!!|||I advise that you pose your question on this forum below. Lotsa nice owners there to help you, as they've helped me.


I don't know much about the speedometer thingy, but you might have to change the whole cluster. It might run $200 (somewhat-educated guess) The experts on the org can help you more than I. The bug is an awesome car. I have a 98 and am very happy with her. Hope to see you on the forum!|||this speedometer is only repairable with vag-com or obd-tool


go to vw dealer or garage how has that .


what the prise wilbe i do not know.


or go to website ross-tech.com.


goodluck Carolus|||well at the place i work its 75 to even get it on a lift so at their rate and roughly 65.00-75.00 and hour and there ya go

No comments:

Post a Comment