Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How often to change spark plugs in VW golf 1999 gti?

How often should I change my sparks plugs, I have had my car for 4 yrs and haven't changed them since I have had it, Car is 1999 VW Golf GTI. Have done 50,000 km in the car since I have had it.|||"For that particular vehicle, it's recommended that they be replaced every 60,000 miles (96,560km) with platinum spark plugs or other precious metal like iridium"





I agree with this for the most part every 60,000 Miles is best whether the look good or not. Spark plugs are now expensive and you only need 4. the part i don't agree with is the "platinum spark plugs or other precious metal like iridium". you will get the best performance from a Bosch Copper Plug as VW recommends using Bosch Cooper Plugs as does the Bentley Repair Guide and any good VW dedicated shop|||Most plugs now days are good for 130,000 Km. Most of the time, in a vW the "Check engine" light will come on and give you a code that indicates a misfire.





If it is running OK, and no engine error codes, then keep on riding.|||For that particular vehicle, it's recommended that they be replaced every 60,000 miles (96,560km) with platinum spark plugs or other precious metal like iridium

No comments:

Post a Comment