Friday, September 23, 2011

How much would it cost to replace a transmission in a 66 vw beetle?

I might have to replace a transmission in a 66 vw beetle. I would like to know how much it will cost before I get myself in a financial crunch.|||Maybe you can find one rolling around as a vehicle and get it for less than buying the transmission seperately. That is the way I would go about it. 66 or less|||first off are you sure you need to replace the transaxle? how do you know its the tranny and not something trivial? what are the symptoms?





either way you can get a used tranny for $50 to $1500. replacing it requires the engine to come out, the shift rod needs to be disconnected at the knuckle on the nosecone.





its not hard to do at home with a couple of friends. just bribe them with a case of beer.





taking it to a mechanic will cost you a lot of money in labor and isnt worth it when you can do it in your garage in a day or two

No comments:

Post a Comment