Friday, September 23, 2011

How many miles does a typical VW Beetle maintain?

I'm looking for a VW New Beetle(not the classic) and I'm hoping to find a used one that will last me through my last year of high school and college. And I need to know how many miles a Beetle's engine can take before needing serious work?|||It's kind of luck of the draw. If you can find a diesel one, the engine will last longer. I have a diesel Jetta (same engine as the diesel Beetle) with 172,000 miles on it and it runs fine. And the increased mpg (I'm getting 47 on the highway) will way more than compensate for the slightly higher cost of diesel fuel and the extra cost of the car compared to a gas one.





But, lots of little stuff breaks on VWs. Things like the sensors to tell if a door or the trunk is open, etc. It's pretty annoying, because it seems like there's always *something* minor wrong. I'm not basing this off of just my own experience - I have 5 friends with VWs (4 of them also have diesels) and I read www.tdiclub.com a fair bit.|||kind of a moot question. cars will surprise you, sometimes you get a car renowned for its reliablity that dies at 100k or you get a car that is known to spend more time in the shop then out last forever. but from my experience i know a few people that own beetles that dont take good care of them yet they still havent had any major problems. only problem is volkswagens tend to have expensive labor charges compared to many other imports. if you can do the work yourself then i would get one if not then i would just get a used toyota or honda

No comments:

Post a Comment