Sunday, September 18, 2011

How easy is it to remove and put on a VW Golf MK4 passenger side wing?

Some clown must have opened his door as I was driving past and messed up my wing. So I had a browse on ebay and managed to find a wing from another vw golf from the same year. I purchased the wing and it turned out to be a perfect match.





Now I just want to know how easy it is to put this wing on the car? What tools would I need and how long would the job take?|||It depends how the wing is fixed on the car. If it is bolted on , then it is not a problem, but you may need to remove the headlight and indicator. The wing is also held bu a metal strut underneath. If the wing is welded on, then you need a special tool which is a vibrating steel chisel to break the weld. This is a very noisy tool. Good luck.|||Should be completely bolt on - get a Haynes manual, you'll probably need to remove the bumper %26amp; possibly the door to get a good fit, but if you approach the job methodically, you shouldn't have a problem.


Get some masking tape %26amp; use it to protect any areas you may catch as you match up the panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment