Sunday, September 18, 2011

Why do VW keys cost so much and where can I buy one?

I recently bought a used 2001 VW New Beetle. Unfortunetly it only came with one key. I went the the dealership and they said the key would cost $395 please tell me they were just trying to rip me off.|||They're probably not pulling your leg. VW keys come with a chip in them that's specific to your new beetle. You could probably shop around for a better deal at other dealerships or maybe even a few super-specialty locksmiths. Good news is your car's hard to steal.|||You can buy the keys on the internet/e-bay. As long as you have one key that is already programmed, you do not need The STEALERSHIP to program your keys for you, you can do it yourself. Search the net there are write ups on it. You will need to bring your registration and drivers license to the dealership to have the keys cut though, I believe the cost is $50.





Edit: Go here for more information. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1216091





Good luck.|||TRY ANOTHER DEALER...ONLY THEY CAN CUT THE KEY FOR YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment