Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I bleed the rear brakes on my VW Golf?

I've got a pressurised bleeding kit which I used on my 1997 VW Golf. The front brakes bled fine but when I tried doing the rear no fluid came out. I even tried pumping the brake pedal but nothing came out. Do I have to do something special at the rear?


The only difference between front and rear is that the front bleed screw is part of the bleed nipple, but the back uses a separate alun key to open it.|||If you opened the valve on the wheel cylinder with the allen key, you should've gotten a gush of fluid when you pressed the pedal, if not, you must've not gotten the bleed valve open.


Normally, brakes must all be bled, not just the rears/fronts/lefts/rights.


The sequence is from farthest to nearest the master cylinder location, usually RR,LR,RF, LF.


Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment