Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How would I make a cake look like a VW bus?

I have seen one other question like this but I was wondering how I would colour it, how I would carve it.


Because honestly, I just don't know where to start.


If you can, please make a detailed way of making it. Has someone ever made one of these before?





My brother has a white '79 VW van and I want to make it for his birthday tomorrow.|||http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/images鈥?/a>





heres a picture, may give you some ideas|||For a regular sized cake I would bake the layers in 2 loaf pans. Bake at 325 so the inside cooks along with the outside. It takes longer but you don't want the edges crispy.





The key is to bake the cakes and then freeze them.


Frozen cake is very easy to carve.





While the cakes are frozen slice in half lengthwise and frost between layers. Start carving your 4 layer cake into your VW bus. Put it back in the freezer a while and then ice it frozen so you don't pick up crumbs in your frosting.





I usually bake my cakes and get them in the freezer a week before I need them. Of course most people don't have a "cake" freezer.





Use colored fondant for tires/wheels etc...





Have fun with it!|||Use multiple layers of cake. Carve the edges to make them into the shape you desire and put LOTS of frosting to make the final shape exact. The frosting will be key, because it will hide any flaws and should be colored using food coloring, so you can make the VW more real to it's true colors. Hope this helps, Good Luck!|||Try google images- there are lots of cake pics and ideas:





http://images.google.com/images?um=1%26amp;hl=鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment