Saturday, September 10, 2011

What was the first year that VW Bugs came with 3 point seat belts?

And I don't really mean as just a factory option. I want to find a VW Bug, but want one with 3 point seat belts. Figure if I just look at that year and newer I will find what I'm looking for a bit easier.|||1968,they also came with the high back seat.|||my 1969 came with 3 point belts stranded|||anything starting with 1968 to 1972 had lap/shoulder belts for the front and just 2 lap belts in the rear. these seat belts however are NOT retractable, you adjust them and hang them on a hook on the b-pillar. you can buy and install retractable belts or get a 1973 or later bug. they came standard with retractable 3-point belts in the front and lap belts in the rear|||It would be silly to pass up a good deal on an earlier one, when it is so easy to retrofit new belts.

No comments:

Post a Comment