Saturday, September 10, 2011

What kind of real world gas mileage should I expect out of a small VW diesel?

I am interested to know what kind of real world mileage I should expect out of a VW Gulf, Jetta, or Beetle diesel.|||I have a friend that's a VW TDI "nut" and he does some modification to them as soon as he gets one. He's also modified quite a few TDI's for people that he knows. He orders euro injectors and also increases the pump pressure. He drives around a lot with a computer hooked up to monitor his TDI (yeah hes a nut), in the fall he drove over 3000 miles on a fishing trip and his worst mileage was 58 and his best was 62 on a tank of fuel. His cars all have a manual transmission and he's drives them to see what kind of mileage he can get.|||At least 50MPG + on Jetta TDI|||my 2003 jetta easily gets 50mpg on highway. usually 40-45 in mixed driving. I usually get almost 600miles on a tank. Of course, I drive a manual and don't speed towards red lights like some idiots do.|||If not driveing to hard you should get atleast 45 MPG.


I have 2 2000 VW TDI Beetels and a 1998 TDI Jetta.


All get over 50 MPG.|||Depends on your driving style and where you do most of your driving.





If you spend a fair amount of time in traffic or are a spirited driver, less than what is stated on the label.





If you do more open road driving with limited stops and stick the the speed limits, you should get close to the expected milage.|||GT has great answer

No comments:

Post a Comment