Saturday, September 10, 2011

Why does my VW Passat make a clicking noise when starting up the engine?

I have a VW Passat 98. When the engine is cold and I start it up, it makes a clacking noise for approximatly 2 to 3 minutes. If I fire it up and pull away to drive, when I change gears the cliacking noise gets louder with every rev. After the engine has become warm the noise disappears. Can anyone help me reguarding this problem? Thanks.|||THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER IS WARMING UP.|||Oil Pump is making the noise while building up pressure, if it bothers you a lot, you could spend a couple hundred and get a new one, or just let it be, your car is no longer new, and that noise will bring you no trouble. as long as it goes away. you could also try using heavier oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment