Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I fix a damaged VW Key at the dealer without being ripped off?

I recently got some water damage on my 2010 VW Key. The remote works to get in, but the car won't recognize the key when I try to turn it on so it enters "safe" mode and automatically shuts off. I just started leasing the car a week ago so is there a possibility i could get it fixed for free and not get ripped off by getting it replaced?|||It's a key with a recognition chip in it. Usually around $70.00 to program another one. Call a few hardware stores, sometimes they have a machine that will program the correct code and for less than a dealer will charge. Try auto parts stores for recommendation on where to go.|||you can call to ask, play dumb and say you don't know what's happening.





Otherwise, you can go to a locksmith who may be able help you out for cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment