Saturday, September 10, 2011

VW Jetta is slow to accelerate and is running rough, what could the problem be?

I have a 96 VW Jetta. Lately it's been running rough when I accelerate from a stop. It will sometimes accelerate slower than normal, and jerk a bit as I get up to speed. At other times it's fine/normal. I can't predict when it will do this. I worried it's a symptom that will lead to a bigger problem. Any ideas on what this could be and how I could fix it?|||It could possibly be the fuel pump. That would be one of the worst cases though





I would


a) replace spark plugs (way cheap)


b) run some lucas upper cylinder lubricant/fuel injector cleaner through your gas tank ( a lot of it. don't get the cheaper brands of fuel injector cleaner ONLY lucas trust me)


c) check all your spark plug wires and connections


d) oil change


e) air filter change





if none of that works, check distributor and rotor and after that it would probably be the fuel pump. Buy one yourself, and then take it to an honest mechanic Easy install dont let them rob you.|||replace your air filter if that does not help get a Professional engine tune

No comments:

Post a Comment