Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Is it capable to remove a bicycle rack from a 1997 VW Jetta?

I recently bought a 1997 VW Jetta. I love love love the car but it has a bicycle rack on top which I don't really like but I can certainly deal with it. Anyone know if I can get the rack taken off properly without damages the car?|||i have a 98 jetta, and i removed my bike rack with no problems... im not sure if its the same on everyone, but mine was jus clipped on to the top... the clips are tough since they are on there for a long time, but with two people you should be able to take it off with no problem... jus watch ur fingers, i was too quick a few times and got my fingers and my skin caught! other than that a very easy job|||I am sure you could remove it, but it is a 2 person job to lift it off the car. SO DON'T EVEN TRY AND DO IT YOURSELF!.





You can take these racks off as they are extras, they clamp on to slits in the rain channels. All you need is a tool kit or some spanners.|||Have somebody who can see the car take a look. I can't see from here.





D'oh

No comments:

Post a Comment