Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can I open my 1997 VW Passat back door?

I cannot open the rear driver side door of my 1997 VW Passat from either the inside or outside. It was already stuck so that I couldn't open it from the outside. Then, while trying to oil and clean it, so that it could possibly open from the outside, I accidently switched it to "child proof" and now I cannot open it at all. I have pulled, pushed and banged! Nothing! Other than taking it to a dealership to have them open it, what do you suggest?|||If you have any knowledge of the mechanism inside the door then with patience you can use a master lock-out tool set and get the door open. The thing you would want to do with the set is to move the child proof mechanism because that would be the easiest to get to. Snap-On tools sells a set for about $80.00 but if you have access to a Harbor Freight store or something similar then the set can be bought for about $30.00,made overseas of course. The kit contains specially bent and hardened steel rods and metal strips that can be worth their weight in gold.|||does it have power door lock? Did you activate the power door opener?

No comments:

Post a Comment